Posted by admin on July 27, 2006
Sta. Monica Parish
Boholanos call the town “Albu.” Located along the highway is the church complex built on a low knoll. The Albu parish was established in 1869 after being separated from Baclayon. An 1886 reports indicates that the church was built of light materials, however, the convento described as “de grandes dimensiones” was already standing. This way made of rubble, wood and tabique.
The date of the construction of the church is uncertain, although, the generous use of reinforced concrete for the façade and the bell tower (which is integrated into the façade) indicates that the church was either being built or renovated in the 20th century. The church interior has been renovated. The large convento to the side of the church is connected by a bridge to the church. The whole complex is harmonized by a series of arches that link church, bridge and convento.