Heritage Conservation Society

The online database is now at www.philippineheritage.com

Archive for August, 2006

Fort Pilar (Zamboanga City)

Posted by admin on August 7, 2006

The fort was built on June 23, 1635 by Father Melchor de Vera, a Jesuit Priest-Engineer, to ward off attacks from the moros and foreign invaders. Originally named the Real Fuerza de San Jose, it was renamed after it was rebuilt in 1719. The Real Fuerza de Nuestra Señora del Pilar de Zaragoza, whose statue was embossed on the east wall in 1734 as a frontpiece atop the entrance, was eventually sealed when it became a shrine.

Advertisements

Posted in Fortifications, National Cultural Treasures, Zamboanga City | 2 Comments »

Plaza Pershing (Zamboanga City)

Posted by admin on August 7, 2006

Posted in Town Plazas, Zamboanga City | 4 Comments »

Rizal Monument (Zamboanga City)

Posted by admin on August 7, 2006

Posted in Monuments, Town Plazas, Zamboanga City | Leave a Comment »

Zamboanga City Hall

Posted by admin on August 7, 2006

The construction of this Hispanic building started in 1905 and was completed in 1907 by the Federal Government of the United States for the American Governors of the area, which included Leonard O. Wood, Tasker H. Bliss, Ralph W. Hoyt, and John Pershing of World War I fame. Today it serves as the City Hall of Zamboanga, where the City Mayor holds office. It is located right at the heart of Zamboanga City.

Posted in City and Municipal Halls, Zamboanga City | Leave a Comment »

Alvendia House (Floridablanca)

Posted by admin on August 2, 2006

Posted in Ancestral Houses, Pampanga | 3 Comments »

Macabebe Church

Posted by admin on August 2, 2006

Posted in Churches, Pampanga | 1 Comment »

Porac Church

Posted by admin on August 2, 2006

Posted in Churches, Pampanga | Leave a Comment »

Tagudin Church

Posted by admin on August 2, 2006

Posted in Churches, Ilocos Sur | 1 Comment »

Plaza Salcedo (Vigan)

Posted by admin on August 2, 2006

Posted in Ilocos Sur, Town Plazas, UNESCO World Heritage Sites | 6 Comments »

Santa Lucia Church

Posted by admin on August 2, 2006

Posted in Churches, Ilocos Sur | Leave a Comment »