Posted by admin on September 26, 2007
This cathedral is a mere 10-minute walk from Boac town proper. It was built in 1756 in honor of the Blessed Virgin of Biglang Awa (Immediate Succor). It was here where Filipinos and Spaniards took refuge from pirate attacks. The architecture is Filipino-Hispanic Gothic with much of the original structure – the façade the main body, the belfry, and the altar – faithfully preserved. Stained glass windows, though a later addition, adorn the walls and enhance the age-old beauty of the church.