You may want to add the Pan-ay cemetery as an entry.
Here are notes on the Pan-ay church
Santa Monica Parish
Because of lack of food, Miguel Lopez de Legazpi transferred the Spanish settlement from Cebu to Pan-ay in 1569. The town was formally founded in 1572 (1581 according to Jorde), although by that time Legazpi had moved the capital of the Philippines, further north, to Manila. Fr. Bartolome de Alcantara was named the prior of the town with Fr. Agustin Camacho as assistant. A prosperous town due to trade, Pan-ay became capital of Capiz for two centuries, until Capiz was named capital. The town name was eventually given to whole island. After 1607, Fr. Alonso de Méntrida, noted for his linguistic studies and Visayan dictionary became prior. In the 18th century, Pan-ay was famous for its textile industry which produced a cloth called suerte and exported to Europe. In the 19th century, Don Antonio Roxas, grandfather of Pres. Manuel Roxas, opened one of the largest rum and wine distilleries in the town. The Augustinians held the parish until 1898, when administration tranferred to the seculars.
The first church was built before 1698 when it is reported that a typhoon had ruined it. In 1774, Fr. Miguel Murguía rebuilt the church, but it was later damaged by a typhoon on 15 January 1875. Fr. Jose Beloso restored the church in 1884. The church is best known for its 10.4 ton bell popularly called dakong lingganay (big bell). The bell was cast by Don Juan Reina who settled in Iloilo in 1868. Reina who was town dentist was also noted as a metal caster and smith. The bell was cast at Pan-ay from 70 sacks of coins donated by the townspeople. The bell was completed in 1878. It bears an inspiring inscription which translated reads: “I am God’s voice which shall echo praise from one end of the town of Pan-ay to the other, so that Christ’s faithful followers may enter this house of God to receive heavenly graces.”
Heritage Features: Pan-ay belongs to the Baroque style. The pediment cascades gracefully down. The façade is ornamented with swags of flowers, niches and statuary. The bell tower to the left of the façade is simple in contrast to the façade. The church has three altars in Baroque style. The side altars bear Latin inscriptions.
Near the entrance to the town is a cemetery built during Spanish times. The builder and date of construction are uncertain. Probably Fr. Beloso who restored the church was also responsible for the construction.
Heritage features: Although recent constructions hide the distinctive features of the cemetery, they can still be discerned. Planned as a circular site, the perimeter is bound by a brick and wrought iron fence. Above the entrance to the enclosure is an effigy of death as a skeleton. Below it is a warning about the brevity of life and humanity’s destiny which is the soil. Inside the cemetery is the mortuary chapel. The site needs conservation and restoration.