Heritage Conservation Society

The online database is now at www.philippineheritage.com

Archive for the ‘Nueva Vizcaya’ Category

Dupax del Sur Church

Posted by admin on January 13, 2008

Parish Church of San Vicente de Ferrer in Dupax del Sur is the best-preserved church complex in Nueva Vizcaya. It was built during the second half of the 18th century, under the Dominicans. The baptistry and narthex are converted with carved stucco – work possibly unmatched elsewhere in the Philippines. The convento still preserves slits on the outer walls for archers to fire their arrows against raiders. (NCCA)

Posted in Churches, National Cultural Treasures, Nueva Vizcaya | 25 Comments »

Dampol Bridge (Dupax del Sur)

Posted by admin on December 31, 2006

Built in 1818 by Fray Francisco Rocamora OP, the single arched brick bridge spans the Abanatan Creek.

Posted in Bridges, Industrial Heritage, Nueva Vizcaya | Leave a Comment »